Wednesday, June 1, 2011

To Dan From Jim

Dan found me when he was thinking about moving to Portland several years ago and we had a relationship that I believe to be one of the great loves of my life. Though we weren't able to spend time together often because of the distance, the time we had together was always eventful and made for memories that I will cherish forever. His was the most gentle and sincerely lovable spirits that I have ever encountered, and I will spend the remainder of my time on Earth in gratitude for the time we had together. He tried so hard to protect himself from the harsh world, and it is clear to me that he wanted nothing more than to be loved and accepted. He wasn't able to see sometimes that he was loved beyond reckoning.
I felt something the night he left us that made me put on a piece of jewelry that I hadn't worn in a year or more. It was one that was bought with Dan the first week I met him and we each got one. I hope it was him saying something to me about our link to each other. That's how I will always see it. We had some beautiful experiences together, from Sedona to Mount Hood and I will remember each one with all the love in my heart.
Until we meet again, Daniel, I will remember you and love you. I hope you find the peace you seek.

Jim Kennedy
Portland, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment